MY FIRST____

--PRAJWAL RAI

It was rainy day in mid august and I was ready to be a engineer . I had heard all kinds of stories and gossips on ragging. Had perfect plans on keeping a low profile on the campus for the year. Even though I had been in hostel for 7 years, the first night in the hostel is a hectic one, we won’t know anyone. But I was lucky because I knew a few guys from my college, Naman, Keertan, and Uday. Next day was a big day. Hell yeah!! First day of my engineering life,I didn’t want to screw it up. I got up at 7.45. Enthusiasm was in the air. I could see the first time hostelites running around. Not talking too much as they didn’t know each other. I brushed my teeth and went to have a shower. Again i saw others politely waiting for the bathrooms. Damn I knew the rules of the hostel; I pushed them aside and “bang!!Bang!!”, I started banging and kicking the doors asking them to come out. It was 8.40 and everyone, except a few including me, were off to college...then i got ready and started walking towards the college, checking out the hotels, shops, ground etc.

I reached college and looked around; as everyone were in colour dress i couldn’t get who are the seniors. “Cool campus, a coffee day____” I had a conception of nitte as a big city, but we all know the truth, let’s face it. Then i started running towards the entrance, could see some gleaming eyes staring at me like a animal ready to pounce on me. Mmm!! Got it you are the seniors.

Running and gasping I somehow reached the notice board and checked my classroom; It was “NB 107”. It was already 9.10 and now was confuse of wat is NB .Then I saw a group of people moving upstairs. I approached and asked them” where is NB?”. And a fat brown guy with a half shaved beard, dark eyes turned back and asked “Are you a first year??” . I said “yes Dude!!”(Acting cool).he was wearing a striped shirt and a brown pant, by his look and dressing I knew”Gandhiiii!!”.Suddenly he said “come with me even I m a first year”. I thought “thank God!! I m not bunking the first class for the first time in my life”. This dude was exhausted when we reached the 4th floor of the old block. At the end of the floor there was a hall and he said “this is the class, come”. ”I can see that !#!@$#” just grumbling in my mind. The hall had a semitransparent glass on its door. I said in my mind “here I come....” and opened the door, a cool breeze took me by surprise “wow AC, not bad” I thought. When I entered the hall I could see cushioned seats, a projector was displaying a nice video. “Engineering rock’s classrooms have to be like this, A popcorn would have been interesting!! “. Grabbed a seat near that door with my 5 minute friend. All students had a pen, notes...etc except me, which I didn’t have a habit of carrying.

Then the lecturer was here, he was a young,fair looking guy with a French beard and well dressed(he looked like a lecturer). He was very witty and funny in his teaching and he explained the business skills using an example of “greedy monkey and nuts”. After sometime he said what was our qualification before joining this course.Degree,B.E..Was all that everyone was saying? I was like” what should i say??...P.U.C, damn” i got a doubt and i suddenly asked my friend “which is this class?”.And he replied” this is MBA first year business class” .I was shocked ”what the hell?? I asked for NB and you got me into MBA (wah!kya baath hai)”.He started giggling!!Damn even I laughed. Now I was clearly aware of the fact ”I bunked my first class again”. Now I knew that I had to do some damage control about my qualification and thought of a degree. THANK GOD!! the lecturer was interrupted by a notice. Then he said that it was time for group discussion. He put me in my friend’s group. Now I thought it’s time to have some fun and I informed my group that i was a B.E student and how I got there. There was a small pause and then everyone burst into laughter, Even I was laughing(I know even you are,right now!!). Suddenly the bell rang and I thought” this is the moment...the final rush” and ran out(bhagam bhag!!). As I ran out the door, the next lecturer saw me and shouted” what’s wrong with you!! Where are you running??” . Even the first lecturer came back. I explained them the story behind this run. Even they started laughing. I thought “if i stay there for few more minutes,i might win the laughter challenge”(i know it;s dumb,but it was a joke,those days). I ran to my classroom somehow. It was a happy day although from there on . But one thing remained my mind forever

Till today I never attended my first class, in my career

But I am still gonna be a engineer

It wont happen everyday

It was just my first day

Share:

0 comments