Snap It :- following your passion and Photography


"My photography page please like it"
"My photograph has been selected for so and so competition please like it"
"My photos are kickass, I don’t understand why they gave award to that photo"

 Perceptions have changed, passions have been forced into,  direction is lost all in the name of a silly competition on Facebook,Instagram,twitter etc. Painters, Engineers, Doctors, architects everyone has the same passionà PHOTOGRAPHY. You can’t criticize their works, they will unfriend you. You can’t suggest them anything, they will ignore you. You can’t ignore their page invite, they will gossip about you. Everyone has a common dream “BUYING A DSLR


What is photography? The meaning has changed to “BUYING A DSLR”. What’s your goal in life “BUYING A DSLR and pursuing my passion to become a Photographer”. The question I have is the part “BUYING A DSLR’”. Why do you need a DSLR if you are starting out into photography?.  Why do you want to crash test your photography skill investing so much into a DSLR?. How many months/Days are you really going to use it?. Is DSLR the best option to start as a photographer?

It’s absurd if someone says I can take much better photos if I would have had a DSLR. DSLR's are also not the best way to decide what you want to be. Sometimes it’s not the fancy equipment’s that make your creativity to come to life, it’s your passion and hard work that will. Important thing is to decide what you really like to be than deciding to be a photographer just because your friend has made lot of money with it. If you have been fascinated by images and have thought about how technically brilliant the photographer was then you can say you might be somewhat interested in the field (No Facebook profile pictures don’t count).


Should you get a DSLR? Hell no do not get a DSLR until you are really going professional with it. I have seen people who baught a DSLR saying “ see what magic I ll do with this” and later ended up after a month saying “Can we rent this anywhere? I use only for trips and family functions”. Everyone buys a camera and starts shooting the leaves, raindrops, insects, people, market, people, rituals. Okay all done next what? Next the DSLR joins the showcase and professionals like me use it for work for free as my friend anyway doesnt use it :p. I have a Video company since 2012 and I din’t own a DSLR till 2016, but still worked for MNC's like Amazon, Ebay etc.Equipment is the last thing you need to follow your passion. I do photography but not with a DSLR. I have a Nokia 920 which has a high resolution imagery like the DSLR’s why would I want to buy a DSLR again?. My phone also comes with a carl zeiz lens which is the best even used in movies but hardly DSLR people know about it. Your Phone is your best photography tool to begin with till you feel U need to go to the next level.

Another Myth “ I want to be a photographer and I am getting the best-- Canon **”. You should be the dumbest photographer at that very place. 90% in the Industry use Nikon for photography who told you Canon is the best for that?.  Forget Nikon Sony is the one winning awards since 3 years now for Alpha. Once you start buying a DSLR you will always be looking out for accessories than doing what you intended to do. By the time you buy all the lenses, rigs, filter and get nothing back as income you are exhausted and you hate everything you got.


It is best to start to be photography with the gadgets you already own and go forward. It will turn into a business without your knowledge and you will feel you definitely don’t need to buy a DSLR as the requirements keep changing every time. I tried photography with my phone and I am happy with it. I don’t plan to take photographs but capture the moments when I feel I am in the right place. Even though I own a company that provides video and photography services,  We still are learning new things that we need to have for the next shoot. Sit for a few minutes and think about what are the happiest moments in your life and what you like the most if you are given an opportunity to do. You will realise that your interest lies somewhere else.And people might say follow your passion and you will be superstart but they never told you how much they struggled following their passion to achieve their place in teh society. Anyway here are a few photos I clicked with my phone and guess what all the pictures here were all shot on a phone not DSLR. they might not be the best but I like them

Contact us:- sensationfilm@gmail.com
Twitter:- https://twitter.com/SensationFilm
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/SensationFilms/













Share:

0 comments