Bangalore Traffic Police:- Frontline Parking



Okay Firstly it should be either "PARKING or "No PARKING". We dont understand "FRONTLINE PARKING"(who decides which is the front side of the footpath?)

I have never written anything so far that can bring some changes to the way things work around the city which might be a small change but can have a greater impact on a society as a whole.I am writing this after I faced a very tough time in Bangalore. I was on a busy work in a Bank. I come out of the Bank and realize my bike was stolen and no one has a idea on where my bike is. So i had just two thought It can be stolen by thieves or towed by traffic police. But police can't take it as I had parked right next to the parking board. So I thought it can't be stolen in such broad daylight so I made my way to the nearest police station. Hmmm My bike is right there. Fine my bike is there I have to pay the fine and get out of there. So i approach the officer there with my bike on the tow truck. Then I saw witnessed the worst behavior of a police officer. 


I felt let me watch as I like real life incidents as I am a film-maker. First I see a guy take his bike and ride off after a brief discussion on a phone call (influence? maybe). then I see a guys give 200 bucks and say no need of receipt sir and go off. Two girls talk nicely and one goes off without paying other pays 100 bucks. At the same time I see terrible handling of the vehicles. they almost throw the bikes down. And a guys i hitting with his hand on my bikes gear pedal. I asked him what she doing. He said he wanted it in neutral. Then I had to tell him there's something called as clutch for that. It s all ok i go and the first reaction is fine is 300. Another guy comes and he has some police on line so his fine gets down to 100 again. Now I need that discount too right!! :p. I talked to him and see my bike. IT s bloody damaged and i try to take pics and he starts shouting to pay more and shouted. So now I decided Fuck the 300 bucks I will pay but let me take care of this arrogant officer. I went to meet the Inspector there. Guess what he s worse. He blackmailed me saying "Ok send him a Notice saying he s obstructing our work of law and order, come to court".I am like wth is going on. I pay the fine and get out with everything recorded on my phone. I reported it on traffic police page in fb and action was taken quickly


Now I am not going to write something bad about them here. But I don't understand when they are given so many gadgets why are they not using it efficiently than going about all this towing fuss. They have a blackberry phone with a camera i am sure. 

*When you find a parking violation just make a entry take a pic and attach it to be saved in server
*Keep a parking ticket on the bike like they do in other countries for the owner to take note and pay it
*Owner cannot question the photograph when he denies when booked. So there is proof, there is no mal practices.
*Specially no loading unloading mess, no complaining, no argument, no lying, No taking properly parked vehicles, officer has less work, no blocking roads with traffic vehicles etc
*And why not send a message every time some booking is done so that the owner can keep track of it. Also no officer can book wrongly without proof.
 *Lastly please dont treat people who come to complain like your slaves. They pay taxes to care of your family while you take care of their lives

Just a few suggestion from me which might be of some help and everyone s happy with their monthly salaries :)

Share:

0 comments