1500 was just a number-Day 1

Day 1 and the meter read 34851 kms. Bike was all ready for the longest ride expecting to hit some new speeds on the highways. Long distance is not something new for me as I had done 8-9 rides home (350kms) already earlier.This year I thought I should go for another long ride and a opportunity was in front of me. A friend was getting married in shimoga and another in Mangalore. So I decided this was perfect as there is a purpose and time to explore new places.



But Shimoga and Mangalore was just 500kms and somewhat I felt that I should add another destination just so that this becomes something more than a marriage visit. Then I decided on karwar as there I had long due of meeting two of my friends. So I successfully added another 300 kms to the list. Making the journey 1500+ total up and down.

Problem with me is once I decide I am done I don't care who comes, how they come or do they come I just go by the plan. I want to enjoy the ride and explore new places, that's the whole point I take the long rides. I left Bangalore at 10 and hit the tumkur highway. I had two options go by the normal route to shimoga or hit the tumkur-chitradurga highway(50+km extra).A friend called me up and joined me now for the ride and this was his first ride on bike for more than 50 kms I guess but he was up for it. We made the best decision and took Chitradurga highway and realized that this is the best road I have taken my bike on. Wow!! what a awesome highway. And it was time to test the my bike on a super highway.Bike is 5 years old now but did not give up on a two break super speed ride. We reached chitradurga by 1 and we decided to take a strong, long break before we hit the road ahead. The next 100 kms to shimoga was said to be real bad

And while we r taking rest and having sme food, I was still not feeling that I am in north of Karnataka. The heat was there burning my skin slowly and I was liking it also. It was a nice calm place and more relieved about getting out of bangalore. It was time for some food and we found the best restaurent out there. Our eyes and skin were still in ride mode and were not adjusting easily to the ambiance inside lols. We see a group of friends (35+) talking big politics and how they can influence everyone in the city and stuff. They also started giving us that " this is my hood bitch" look n all. We really dint care as our waiter delayed our food already and were busy fighting with him. Finally our food came and those people were eating and talking at the same time so that everyone in hotel heard them . We though maybe they r some big shots here. Fuck it food is here. As we were finishing food we sat and watched these  idiots who called the waiter names and talked about how his life shld suck doing the work he does n all. Then the big Mouthed guy gets up and says I ll pay the bill and come. Others were like " no no I ll pay I ll pay". Finally he says ok I ll go to the restroom and come. And then their bill comes as he leaves.He never came back lols... Now the the bill was rs 4300. And suddenly true colors came out. One guy took out 300 and said "I have oly this much nw have to withdraw and come" n all. Other guy also "hey yaaa even I have to go".they both escape giving 1000 in total. Then two guys are left and one with big influence takes out 500 and gives to the guy who was sitting very silently and says " see I have given my share take".At the end of all this big talks there was one guy left there with a 4300 bill and 1500 lols. I couldn't stop myself laughing looking at him and he ended with a good note of "Huch nayig huttid bol...la nayi  keya kasilde odogthavu".I heard it as " welcome to North Karnataka"( their curse words has sentences or paragraphs and it is funny )

And coming back to the ride, next 100 kms was the most fucked up one.But still the experience of escaping Bangalore potholes helped me ease my way through and we took only 4 hours to cover it (wtf!!).On the way we stopped for a coddee break and we met a drunk person who had a few words to say to us "Gaadigintha body mukya Body jakam aagothe heegella hodre" (Body is more important than the vehicel and you should take care of your body). That was enough for us we got advice from a drunkard about health, we had a new thing to talk all the way. Then as we reached met up with others in Shimoga and they suggested we stay at a friends house and had a little party of ours.
The best part was that did not have any problems with the bike so far even thought the front tyre showed some cracks I should be able to finish this journey. I remember I never had the bike breaking down for any reason so far in 5 years. Maybe hero Honda service has helped to some point and hopefully it continues.


The ride was fun and a smooth one comparatively.Looking forward for the ride tomorrow.I have overshot my ride from 350 here to 600 already lols. The experiences count personally as we visit new places, things we explore about the people there, the way business works, the way people adopt and the hope that IT is not the only thing you need for survival.Once in a while a journey changes lives inpiring, motivating you to go ahead and reach the goal you set for yourself. Of coarse without it i would have been stranded somewhere :)

Share:

0 comments